If you’ve been part of the online business world for a while, you surely know Russell Brunson already.
He’s the guy that popularized the concept behind sales funnels.
He got directly mentored by copywriting legend Dan Kennedy, and over time has built a $ 100+ million a month business called Clickfunnels.
The latest book Russell released it’s called Expert Secrets.
I went through the audiobook a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it…
In this review you will discover why I believe it’s a must-read for every entrepreneur or marketer who has or would like to start an online business, doesn't matter whether you're selling digital or physical products, coaching or consulting.
What’s ‘Expert Secrets' All About?
Expert Secrets is all about creating your following, your mass movement. How do you do this? By becoming the go-to expert in your niche and coming up with a message that can change someone else’s life.
This is not just something helpful for those who aim at selling info products, consulting or coaching, thought the book it’s devoted to them.
In the past years, I've seen many friends making significative revenues by importing products for cheap from China and reselling them on Amazon for a markup.
They're now seeing diminishing returns. They can't just launch new products that have no differentiation from others on the marketplace.
Outranking who has already many reviews, is getting harder and harder. It seems like the good old times are gone for them.
But at the same time, another thing happened.
Countless companies have been able to build communities around their brand and they've built multi-million dollar empires by doing that.
These brands apparently came out of nowhere and made it big.
- Dave Asprey launched Bulletproof Coffee and built a multi-million dollar brand by publishing hundreds of blog posts and podcasts.
- Abrey Marcus crushed it in the hyper-competitive supplements niche leveraging influencers which had already an audience like Joe Rogan.
- Quest Nutrition got acquired after they've built a following in the low-carb niche by posting helpful content such as recipes.
The problem is, how can you achieve similar results?
Well, it’s all in Expert Secrets.
This touches every aspect that all these brands like Quest and Bulletproof leveraged to build great companies fast: a great character, a story, and other points that will differentiate your brand from the others, etc.
What’s Inside Expert Secrets?
How to Create a Mass Movement
The first part of the book it’s all about the psychology behind building a mass audience around your brand and products.
Russell has found that all mass movements have three things in common.
- They all have a charismatic leader (or an attractive character)
- Each focus on a future-based cause that is bigger than themselves
- They each offer their audience a new opportunity.
The Riches Are in the Niches
The second aspect touched by Expert Secrets it’s about how to define your niche, your group of people and the community that you want to aim to.
In the copywriting world, there's a saying…
The three most significant needs for humans can be summed up in…:
- Getting paid (wealth)
- Getting laid (relationships)
- Live longer (health)
At least when you’re beginning, the author suggests you focus on a micro-niche of a particular market.
For instance, if you’re about to start your business around the ketogenic diet, you can pick:
“Keto diet for busy moms.”
“Biohacking for busy entrepreneurs.”
You got it.
By doing this, you will not have to target many people which can result in confusing in your message and a more expansive cost per acquisition of your customers.
How to Build a Charismatic Character Around You (The Easy Way)
People want leaders to follow, and you’re exactly the person that it’s going to lead them to a better future.
That’s your purpose.
But to accomplish this, you don’t need to be the world-class expert around a specific topic, as Russell states in his Expert Secrets: “You just have to be one chapter ahead of your audience.”
If you know more than others, and most importantly you’ve overcome the issues that these people are having, guess what?
You’re an expert for those who haven’t!
You can serve your customers to help them reach the life and future they crave, and get well-paid in the meanwhile.
Rules of Being an Attractive Character
- Live the life that your audience wants to live. To be believable you need to show that you are living the results you are selling.
- Don't be boring. Don't be mainstream, be prolific, but not crazy.
- Understand how to use persuasion. Encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions and help them throw rocks at their enemies.
- Care a Lot. “They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care“.
- Maintain absolute certainty. When you start, you are writing for YOU not your audience yet. You are finding your voice and improving your skills.
- Be a Giver, Not a Taker. It’s all about creating value for others.
Click the image below to grab your copy of Expert Secrets for FREE + shipping.